The World Economy Society (WES) is now inviting proposals for papers and posters (in English or Spanish) for its annual World Economy Meeting, The XVIII World Economy Meeting will be held at theUniversity of Alcalá (Alcalá de Henares, Madrid, Spain) on June 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, 2016. The over-riding theme of the meeting is "Europe-America: Strategic Aliances in the World Economy".
As you may know, the World Economy Society has been organazing annual meetings since 1999. It also publishes the prestigious Revista de Economía Mundial (World Economy Journal), listed in SSCI, Scopus and other indexes. The World Economy Meeting aims to become a leading place for international scholars and other professionals to network and analyse key issues pertaining to the world economy.
All information on the XVIII REM will be soon available on the website of the World Economy Society. At the moment, let us inform you that abstracts (max. 200 words) should be sent to the e-mail email@example.com, by February 29th, 2016. Abstracts should include paper title, author name and affiliation, email, keywords, and JEL codes.
Also, please note that other deadlines are as follows:
- Notification of acceptance of abstracts: March 10th, 2016.
- Submission of papers: May 1, 2016.
- Notification of acceptance of papers: May 15, 2016.
You may send papers and posters on any topic on the world economy, although we particularly encourage sumbissions on the following topics:
1. Economic Cooperation and Development.
2. Foreign Direct Investment and Multinational Enterprises.
3. International Finance.
4. International Trade.
5. Inequality and Social Policy.
6. Sustainable Economy and Energy Policy.
7. Education and Human Capital. Development through R & D + i.
8. International Economic Organizations, Regional Integration, and Global Governance.
9. Industrial Relations and Migration.
10. Other topics: New theories and trends in the World Economy.
All accepted papers will be published as conference proceedings with ISBN. Therefore it is important that authors closely follow the submission instructions that will appear on the congress' website.
New to this edition is that the three best works evaluated for the José Luis Sampedro price, will be published in the World Economy Journal, indexed in JCR. Also, the best work of each topic will be published in the IELAT-Marcial Pons book collection.
We encourage submissions from both senior and junior scholars, as well as from non-academics around the world. To facilitate non-senior participation, this meeting provides ten grants for low income young researchers. These grants will provide free participation in the congress and hosting.